.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lady Gaga For Rolling Stone June 2011

Lady Gaga covers the new issue of Rolling Stone magazine. Scroll down for photos and interview excerpts.



On first finding fame: “Being myself in public was very difficult. I was being poked and probed and people would actually touch me and touch my clothes and be like, ‘What the f— is that,’ just so awful. It was like I was being bullied by music lovers, because they couldn’t possibly believe that I was genuine.”

On her fans: “We have this umbilical cord that I don’t want to cut, ever. I don’t feel that they suck me dry. It would be so mean, wouldn’t it, to say, ‘For the next month, I’m going to cut myself off from my fans so I can be a person.’ What does that mean? They are part of my person, they are so much of my person. They’re at least 50 percent, if not more.”

On her message to critics who say her main goal is to attract attention: “Is it that you believe that I am attention-seeking or shock for shock’s sake, or is it just that it’s been a long time since someone has embraced the art form the way that I have? Perhaps it’s been a couple of decades since there’s been an artist that’s been as vocal about culture, religion, human rights, politics. I’m so passionate about what I do, every bass line, every EQ. Why is it that you don’t want more from the artist, why is it that you expect so little, so when I give and give, you assume it’s narcissistic?”




Credit @  Ryan McGinley/Rolling Stone