.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Florence Welch (Florence + The Machine) For Nylon Magazine July 2011

Florence Welch of Florence + The Machine covers the July 2011 ‘Music Issue’ of NYLON magazine. Check out Florence talking about her next album.



Florence Welch: “A lot of the songs on the new album are about imaginary things, things that you can’t touch — ghosts and rumors, my dead grandmother, things visiting you in a dream,” Welch tells NYLON. “It still feels like I’m very much drawn to dark metaphors in the new songs,” Welch explained. “It always feels like as if with each song you write, you’re trying to understand something about yourself: Why am I this way? What’s wrong with me? It feels as if there’s still a lot of questioning left to do. Just because I’m happy in my relationship, I’ve still got issues to deal with. I’m going to be 25 and I feel like, well, I’ve got to be a grown-up now. I feel like your life is sort of always a battle between safety and freedom. You know: Do you want to throw yourself into something head first, or do you want to be cautious?”
The album is being produced by Paul Epworth who also worked on some tracks from Florence’s debut LP Lungs, and most recently produced Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep” : “I think the last four tracks we did for the next album is some of my best work ever,” Epworth tells MTV. “The new record is much more coherent. It’s more bombastic, kind of an Animal Collective, Kate Bush, super-heavy rock kind of thing. It could only be Florence. She’s found a new backdrop against which to set her tales of unrequited love and devils and Tim Burton-esque romantic stories. She’s more relaxed, more level. This time, it’s more about the battle between her head and her heart and that transition everyone goes through in their midtwenties, where you let go of the chaos of your youth. I think she’s ready to take on the world with this record.”

Courtesy of Nylon magazine

(via theprophetblog.net)