.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Emma Stone For ELLE Magazine July 2011

Emma Stone is ELLE's cover girl for the July 2011 issue, US edition. Check out the photos and interview excerpts below:

Versace dress and Lanvin necklace 

On having braces and wearing glasses while growing up: “And I sucked my thumb until I was 11, so I had this expander in. I was a good-looking kid. I never felt, like, dorky. I was just like, ‘Yup, these are my braces. I’ve had them forever."

On not being recognized as easily in public with her new look: “I mean, I haven’t been around very long. I can’t expect everyone to have seen The House Bunny. Oh God. I am having such waves of internal embarrassment, which now I’m admitting on a tape recorder. This is so one of the things I should keep in my head.” 

On her obsession with Farmville: “I got to level 42, and I wasn’t doing anything else anymore, so I had to stop.” 

On taking up baking in part to control her nervous energy: “It’s very controlled. You know, if you put in the same amount of whatever is in the recipe, it will come out all right."

On her career: “It’s so funny how different life could have been. I went to so many auditions. I remember my audition for Heroes. I went in right after Hayden Panettiere. Now here we are in this rented house. It feels like it just happened.” 

On wanting to be believable in her roles: “I like to look like a person. It drives me crazy when you see women in movies playing teachers, and they have biceps. It totally takes me out of the movie. I start thinking, Wow, that actress playing this part really looks great!” 

On developing as a person and as an actress : “I was sitting in a restaurant like this. And I’m working on this script. To my right, a guy was like, ‘I’m producing this thing’…and I was like, You can’t play a regular person and live only in circumstances where people are only talking about movies. The most important part of my job is feeling like I understand as much as I can about humans and human behavior.” 

On how her career has grown: “These past two years, I’ve stopped having to remind myself to be present, which has been the greatest gift. Because I know it’s so fleeting. I’ll kick my ass later on if I don’t enjoy it right now. But it does make you realize that so much of the joy of it is the journey. The struggle is such a lovely part of it.”






Photos: Carter Smith

Courtesy of ELLE