.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Entertainment & Celebrities: Jay-Z's Roc Nation Newest Artist

Alexis Jordan is the newest artist on Jay-Z's Roc Nation/Star Roc

The newest artist signed to Jay Z's Roc Nation/Star Roc is 17 years old Alexis Jordan from South Carolina. The Puerto Rican and African American beauty built her fan base by posting videos of herself singing popular songs on YouTube. She also appeared on America's Got Talent at the age of 14 and made it to the semi-finals where she impressed the producer Simon Cowell.

As to how she managed to snag the ultimate artists dream of obtaining a record deal with Jay Z's Star Roc/Roc Nation? 


"In September of 2008, her YouTube page was racking up millions of views. At that time, the multi-platinum, award-winning production and writing team, Stargate, contacted Alexis. The hit makers responsible for # 1 hits such as Rihanna's "Take A Bow" and Ne-Yo's "Miss Independent," who entered into a partnership with Roc Nation forming Star Roc, made arrangements to fly the multi-talented singer out to New York for a meeting and recording session. 


"I thought if they didn't love me then they wouldn't fly me all the way out to New York," says Alexis. "I knew I had a good chance. Once I got out there we recorded a few songs and JAY-Z came to the studio. I was so excited! And the next thing I knew I was signed to StarRoc/Roc Nation."

Wow very similar to Rihanna's story, can we go as far as to say she could be the new Rihanna? We'll have to wait and see in the mean time visit Alexis' website to listen to her first single "Happiness"


What are your thoughts? Leave a comment.

|