.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

the mean reds







Tiah Eckhardt by Holly Blake
via fashiongonerogue

"No, the blues are because you're getting fat or maybe it's been raining too long. You're sad, that's all. But the mean reds are horrible. You're afraid and you sweat like hell, but you don't know what you're afraid of. Except something bad is going to happen, only you don't know what it is. You've had that feeling?"
Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's
*I have been reading the novel by Truman Capote and though the movie is on my top three favorites, I can honestly say with complete certainty that the book is even better. Capote's writing is brilliant; the way he describes and compares Holly and her emotions is so genius that I find myself nodding my head like idiot or trying to rub away goosebumps off my arm. 
I am so surprised that the movie is such a prominent icon in pop culture and yet, the book is seemingly somewhat overlooked. Anyway, I highly reccomend the book to anyone who adores the movie like myself. 

*Note For Lookbook Fans
A lot of people have been commenting on my Jeffrey Campbell for LF wedge ankle booties (knock offs of the Acne Atacomba boots). I just wanted to say that though my verision was a limited edition, JF has come out with some very similar versions availible on shopnastygal.com and solestruck.com
Check it out!
Also, in Ivory they are so gorgeous and perfect for Summer...I am so tempted!