.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Angelina Jolie Covers Parade Magazine. Her Must Read Interview Here!

Angelina Jolie Covers Parade Magazine. Her Must Read Interview Here!

Angelina Jolie recently sat down with Parade Magazine to promote her upcoming movie Salt. Not only does she look flawless on the cover but she discusses her love life, children, the paparazzi and her late mother. Parade's July cover will appear on newstands July 11th 2010. In the meantime here are few tidbits from her interview with Parade's Dotson Rader.

When Rader asks if their children are the reason she and Brad stay together, "she looks at me like I am nuts." Jolie tells Dotson:
"The children certainly tie us together, but a relationship won't hold if it's only about the kids. You also must be really interested in each other and have a really, really wonderful, exciting time together. We do. Brad and I love being together. We enjoy it. We need it, and we always find that special time. We stay connected. We talk about it. It's very important. If Brad and I are strong and happy, then our kids have happy parents, and that's the best thing we can give them." She adds, "Brad knows me completely, exactly as I am, every part of me. He loves me. The kids love me. They know all my flaws and all my oddities. And they accept them. And so I can feel complete."

On knowing love...
"I feel sad for someone who has never known love. Love elevates. You know, Brad would joke about me having this conversation about love. Love? It's such a funny word. Brad can find certain phrases of poetry for it. I'm terrible at it. But I know it means wanting the best for the people you love, putting their interests above your own, always. Love does that. Love is what you live for."

On her rebellious past...
"I used to cut myself or jump out of airplanes, trying to find something new to push up against because sometimes everything else felt too easy. I was searching for something deeper, something more. I tried everything. I always felt caged, closed in, like I was punching at things that weren't there. I always had too much energy for the room I was in."

On her late mother, Marcheline Bertrand, who died in 2007 of ovarian cancer...
"Mother never put herself first, ever. At the end, she said her greatest success was being a mother. I remember Mother singing in church. How pretty she was! I lit candles with her. She said she had missed nothing in life except getting to know her grandchildren. When she passed away, I brought my son to church to light a candle for her." Jolie's eyes fill with tears. "Forgive me," she says. "I loved her so much."

What do you think of Angelina Jolie's interview? Will you go see her new movie Salt? Leave a comment.
Share This Post
|