.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Brazilian's Real escape


Robinho's agent Wagner Ribeiro has admitted that he deliberately used Chelsea's interest in the winger to get any deal which would take the 24-year old out of Real Madrid – whether the controversial winger ended up at Stamford Bridge or not.

The Brazilian joined Manchester City in a British record deal on deadline day and Ribeiro said: 'I went to London to plot a get-out strategy with (Chelsea chief executive) Peter Kenyon.

'I filtered out the details of the Chelsea offers to the media - I was just playing according to the rules of the game.'


Ribeiro continued: 'Kenyon was desperately phoning me to find out what was happening but I'd come to the conclusion that Chelsea and Real were not going to reach an agreement so we said yes to City.'


It was very clear that Robinho was intent on leaving Real before the transfer deadline, and I think the majority of non Real fans were sympathetic to his plight. But now that his agent has come out and revealed the lengths they were prepared to go to achive their aim I am sure I am not alone in viewing the transfer antics of Robinho and his agent with distaste. Not very honourable behaviour gentlemen.