.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Spotlight on Trine Jespersen

Next Week, Trine Jespersen (designer for the Danish brand Islaet) will be showing her Spring/Summer 2011 collection at the NORDIC: NEW YORK show, premiering September 14th at 9pm at the Manhattan Movement and Arts Center.  



This season WWD has asked designers 16 questions about themselves both personally and relating to fashion.  These questions/answers will be posted live at Lincoln Center.  Tonight, KING decided to shine the Spotlight on Trine.

1. If you could’ve experienced one event in history, what would it have been? It must have been the greatest feeling to experience the liberation of Denmark 5 May 1945 after the World War. I would have loved to celebrate this big historical event with my grand parents.

2. What was your best fashion week moment? My SS10 show in Stockholm. 

3. What hobby do you have outside of fashion? Good food especially Japanese, architecture, photography and keeping fit.

4. What was your first CD? I think it was Metallica, The Black Album...or a single from Extreme, More than Words.

5. Do you have a good luck charm or ritual you do before a show? I always wear my great grand mothers necklace with a gold charm and red stone. 

6. What do you do after fashion week to unwind after the craziness? I just cherish the energy, the experiences and feelings that fashion week leaves me with and try to keep it all close and remember all the great moments. I love the time I have after Fashion Week to reflect and once again in my mind enjoy the special moments.  

7. Have you started designing or preparing for your fall 2011 collection yet? Yes, I started about a month ago - working on the story and the inspiration, right now I'm sketching.

8. What is your favorite piece of clothing? I bought this amazing Victorian fitted jacket with black jet beads and lots of lace at Porto Bello road in London. The fabric is almost coming apart, so it's very fragile, but still the most beautiful piece I have ever owned. 

9. What is your guilty pleasure? I have loads - Dark chocolate, Ben & Jerry's ice creme and Coca Cola.

10. If you could dress any celebrity or notable person who would it be? I would love to dress Alexa Chung.

11. What item do you forever want to be known for creating? My black military inspired leather jacket with lots of details and leather buttons.

12. What job would you have if you were not a designer? I would be an architect or maybe a photographer or journalist.

13. If someone wrote a biography about you, what would the title be? Make your dreams a reality.

14. What is your Starbucks order? Chai Tea Latte.

15. What one item do you have to have backstage? To be honest... what comes to mind is Coca Cola. I know it's not good, but I'm addicted. 

16.  What is the strangest thing you have ever seen at Fashion Week?  I've seen some strange things, some of which I cannot mention here, but I'll never forget this beautiful woman in a big, red velvet dress turning around and showing her bare back side.